That is the official name of the cakes, which are sometimes called or was called also st. james cake or Royal cake. Under the name of Tarta de Santiago is even registered in the register of protected geographical indications and it since 2006. There is also included the original recipe. According to her, when production does not use any flour, or butter. The right of st. james cake must contain at least 33% percent of the almonds and the same amount of sugar and eggs. Santiago a pie has to have a round shape and symbol of the cross of the knight order of saint James of de compostela.The text size exceeds the maximum
- 110 gr of crystal sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125 g almond meal or almonds
- pinch of cinnamon
- grated rind of 1/2 lemon
- butter for greasing the sides of the mold pinch of
- powdered sugar
- A small opening cake form with a diameter of 16 cm, we'll dismantle, the bottom of the drop off baking paper, sides wipe with butter and again put it together.
- The oven to preheat at 150-160 °C.
- In a bowl, in the meantime, whisk until stiff the egg whites with the addition of pinches of salt.
- In another, larger bowl whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until foamy. Then add the almond meal or ground peeled almonds, grated lemon zest and a pinch of cinnamon. Carefully and slowly mix it.
- Gradually add the whipped snow. Again carefully and just using a spatula.
- The batter then pour into the prepared tin and put to bake in preheated oven approximately 45 minutes.
- After baking the cake come out of the oven and leave to cool completely in the form.
- After cooling the cake we put vystřiženou šablonku cross přesypeme powdered sugar.